Just Add Water Yoga Ltd offers both Paddle Canada Instructor Training for Stand Up Paddle Basics and Advanced Flatwater levels, as well as the most comprehensive SUP Yoga Training available in Canada.
As a Canadian Yoga Alliance Instructor, Registered Yoga Business and Paddle Canada Instructor Trainer Kristy Wright Schell is eager to share with you the magic that you can create with your yoga students ON the water! Kristy has created an all encompassing SUP Yoga Teacher Training that creates confident and knowledgeable Instructors who will be ready to make smart decisions with the students needs top of mind.
2021 DATES and LOCATIONS COMING SOON!!!
Wish to HOST a Paddle Canada – SUPYOGA OR Liquid Yoga/Fit Training?
Advanced Paddle Canada Flat water SUP Instructor Training @ Barnet Beach Marine Park
This course will be led by Kristy Wright Schell of Stand Up Paddle Vancouver. Kristy brings a wealth of teaching, coaching, and stand-up paddleboarding experience to each instructor course she delivers. Through starting and operating Stand Up Paddle Vancouver, Kristy has helped thousands discover the joy and fun that comes with challenging your balance and your body. Kristy is a Certified Paddle Canada Instructor Trainer and teaches a comprehensive SUP Yoga and Stand Up Paddleboard Fitness Teacher training.
Assisting Kristy will be Tobey Booker, long time paddler and instructor for Paddle Canada and SUPYoga in White Rock for SUPVancouver.
2021 Dates & Times:
Basic level Paddle Canada SUP Instructor Training Course
- June 12-13, 8am-5pm
- Optional Advanced SUP Skills Tune Up Session
- June 4, 2pm-3pm
- Two-day program: $425 incl GST
- Instructors are expected to have their own equipment BUT rental equipment can be arranged upon request.
- Add-on: Advanced SUP Skills Tune Up Session on Friday: $80 incl GST
- Paddle Canada Advanced Stand Up Paddleboard Skills (offered Thursday, June 4, before the Instructor course) or equivalent skills. Please contact us to determine your eligibility without Advanced SUP Skills course.
- Instructors are expected to have experience beyond that of the Advanced Flatwater SUP course
- Registered as a Paddle Canada Instructor Candidate ($99.99 annual membership fee *not included in your instructor Training fee)
- 14–16-hour First Aid course and CPR
- 18 years of age or older
Important Information & Resources:
WANT TO TEACH SUP Yoga and on water Fitness programs?
In addition to our Paddle Canada course listed above we recommend the below course for those looking to take groups on the water to teach them the art of finding core strength, balance, serenity or just have even more fun on the water with your workout.
**This course can be taken PRIOR to the above Paddle Canada SUP Instructor Course**
2021 SUPYoga & SUPFitness Instructor Training
Instructor Course Length: 2 days
This 2 day Instructor program is designed to provide those seeking to teach yoga and fitness on the water with the tools necessary to take students from land based stretching, warm-ups to the on water practice of yoga/fitness and apply key paddling techniques to build core strength, balance, and overall body fitness.
- Day 1 will focus on SUP skills Basics and Advanced as designed by Paddle Canada, location selection, class set up, and building basic, intermediate and advanced SUP Fitness workouts. We will discuss safety on and off the water, what works best, and how to embody the environment into your teaching.
- Day 2 is designed share the best ways to set up classes on the water – anchoring, sequencing etc and ultimately how to take what you teach on land or in a studio and how to apply what you know to the water classroom. You will learn the best way to offer a well rounded experience from the moment students arrive to their floating savasana and beyond.
**Whether you are a registered Yoga Teacher or Fitness Instructor BOTH days must be taken as there is cross over in both areas.**
Cost of SUPYoga & SUPFitness Instructor Course:
- $499 incl tax (BC gst only) (ON hst) * prices may vary from location to location
Or take them in collaboration to save:
- $850 incl tax (BC gst Only) (ON HST) *prices may vary from location to location
INSTRUCTOR COURSE Pre-Requisites:
PADDLE CANADA INSTRUCTOR COURSE Basics/Advanced:
- Paddle Canada Advanced SUP SKILLS Course *or equivalent paddling skills & experience – call to confirm your skills meet required expectations
SUPYoga & SUPFit Teacher Training:
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification OR BCRPA Fitness Instructor, Pilates Instructor in good standing. *OR currently in training – certification will not be valid until yoga or fitness certification is achieved in full. call to confirm if unsure.
BOTH courses require:
- Current CPR & First Aid Certification (can be achieved post course – certification is not valid without this certification)
- Comfortable paddling in calm, slightly windy and wavy conditions
STEPS TO REGISTER:
Step 1/ Ensure you meet pre-requisites outlined above.
Contact Us to book Paddle Canada Skills Courses
Step 2/ Select a location from the list below and click next to the selected course to register and pay your $150 non-refundable deposit OR pay in full. Final payment for all courses is 30 days prior to the start of the training.
*if dates are TBC please email to be put on waitlist
Step 3/ FOR PADDLE CANADA TRAINING you MUST REGISTER on www.paddlecanada.com And use the Course Code noted below beside the course you have selected: CLICK HERE
*A $90 membership to Paddle Canada will be requested and paid directly to Paddle Canada upon this portion of registration.
UPCOMING PADDLE CANADA INSTRUCTOR COURSES
& SUP YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 2021
VANCOUVER, BC –
PADDLE CANADA SUP FLATWATER BASICs INSTRUCTOR TRAINING
HOSTED BY: SUP Vancouver
Location: Burnaby – Barnet Marine Park, BC
Paddle Canada Course Code: #
Instructors: Kristy Wright Schell & Tobey Booker
- June 12-13 Paddle Canada SUP Advanced Flatwater Instructor Course
**Plus Paddle Canada Membership Fee $99.00 paid upon registration with Paddle Canada (SEE ABOVE LINK)
*All prices are inclusive of 5% GST
This Paddle Canada Basics SUP Flatwater Instructor Course will be hosted by Kristy Wright Schell & Tobey Booker
SUP Yoga & SUP Fit INSTRUCTOR TRAINING REGISTER TODAY!
HOSTED BY – SUP Vancouver
Location: Burnaby Barnet Beach Marine Park , BC
Instructors: Kristy Wright Schell
*All prices include 5% GST
Instructor: Kristy Wright Schell & Tobey Booker
Sign up by contacting Kristy Wright Schell at email@example.com
**space is limited to 8 participants
LIQUID YOGA & LIQUID FIT – Instructor Training ***NEW
@ WESTIN BAYSHORE
INDOOR/OUTDOOR TRAINING in the pool: May 9, 10, 11 *times vary each day – online and in person
**2 Hours online (dryland) + 4 hours each day (10 hours total) on water Check course details for exact times
Liquid Yoga classes are NOW being offered at the Westin Bayshore Hotel in Vancouver – in the INDOOR Pool on Aquamats. Saturday mornings at 8AM
Combining breath with movement you’re sure to find moments of fun, laughter and focus while moving with the water on your board.
Vancouver, BC – with Kristy Wright Schell & Emma Colling at The Westin Bayshore
INSTRUCTOR TRAINING – May 9-11 @ Westin Bayshore INDOOR/OUTDOOR POOL learn to take what you teach on land to the water!!! Join Kristy Wright Schell for a 2 hours online/dryland AND 2 days on water (4 hours each day) Instructor Training designed to share the knowledge of safety, set up and sequencing for POOL based floating classes.